BarConic® Mint Julep Cup - 10 Ounce
Enjoy more than just watching your horse run the track this year with the traditional beverage of Churchhill Downs. As most people know, the official drink of the race is the Mint Julep, one of the oldest and most iconic American cocktails. This high quality BarConic® Mint Julep Cup provides a traditional way to serve for everyone's favorite derby day cocktail. These cups will keep your favorite derby drinks nice and frosty - whether you're enjoying watching your favorite race or just enjoying the company of friends.
- Perfect for serving Kentucky Derby Mint Julep
- Also make wonderful gifts for festive occasions from birthdays, weddings or anniversaries.
- Made of Stainless Steel
- Capacity: 10 ounces
- Measures 11 oz. / 325 ml. when filled to the rim
- Mouth diameter: 3.25 inches
- Base diameter: 2.75 inches
- Height: 4 inches
- Hand wash, and polish with soft cloth
MINT JULEP RECIPE
Bourbon (the official Bourbon is Woodford Reserve), simple syrup (equal parts sugar and water), fresh mint, 12-ounce julep cup, jigger, crushed or pebbled ice, and a straw.
The best place to get pebbled/nugget ice is to pick up a 10lb bag at your local Sonic Drive-In for $2.00.
The easiest way to crush ice at home is by hitting ice cubes wrapped inside a clean cloth dinner napkin, hand towel, pillowcase, or with one of our Lewis Bags with a mallet, rolling pin, hammer, baseball bat, or whatever you have handy.
3 oz bourbon
1 oz simple syrup
5 sprigs of fresh spearmint. If you cannot find spearmint, then use peppermint. (You can also experiment and make mint-infused bourbon or simple syrup.)
1. Slap the five mint sprigs on the back of your hand for three seconds to release the mint oil.
2. Pluck off the leaves from three sprigs and drop them into the bottom of your julep cup.
3. Add the simple syrup and bourbon, then slowly add the ice. The ice will absorb the liquids like in a snow cone.
4. Garnish with the remaining two mint sprigs, then add a straw.